Watch The Kit Connect Conference Video by Travellinginstyle.
I had the opportunity to attend The Kit Connect Conference—held in partnership with the Canadian Art & Fashion Awards on Wednesday April 5th 2017. The conference was a full day career series which was strategically divided into various segments for understanding and reflecting on various areas of fashion. The Editors, The Artists, The Marketers, The Bloggers, The Retailers & The Designers.
Every single member of The Kit family was super sweet & extremely warm. I enjoyed quick chats with Laura decarufel, the editor in chief, Jillian Vieira, The fashion editor & Amber Hickson.
It was great meeting the bloggers, Ania B who is also a CAFA nominee for Digital Influencer Of The Year 2017. Jodi Blk, who loves Black & white everything.
I also had a pleasure of discussing my work with Mario Chiofolo ( Hudson’s Bay director of marketing) & Jackie Charest, luxury retail marketer .
Here is the lineup from the conference:
THE EDITORS: Presented by The Kit
- Laura deCarufel, The Kit editor-in-chief
- Jessica Hotson, The Kit creative director
- Rani Sheen, The Kit beauty editor
- Jillian Vieira, The Kit fashion editor
- Rita Remark, Global Lead Educator & Lead Nail Artist, Essie Canada
- Roger Medina, Celebrity Hair Expert, Garnier Canada
- Veronica Chu, Spokesperson & Makeup Artist, CoverGirl
- Norman Wong, Fashion Photographer & Director
- Jac Summers, Fashion Model
- Kate Buitenhuis, Joe Fresh director of global integrated communications
- Jackie Charest, luxury retail marketer
- Jaclyn Marsh, Trend Marketing marketing director
- Mario Chiofolo, Hudson’s Bay Company director of marketing
- Taylor Frankel, NUDESTIX co-founder
- Ania Boniecka, Ania B
- Jodi Blk, Jodi Blk
- Alyssa Garrison, Random Acts of Pastel
- Jose Lopez, Jose Lopez Fitness & Lifestyle
- Anna McMeekin, KZM Agency
- Christine Carlton, Founder & CEO, The September
- Trisha Lepper, Sr. PR & Marketing Specialist, Etsy Canada
- Lysa Garcia, VP of Retail Stores Canada, Michael Kors
- Sid Neigum
- Matthew Gallagher
- Jennifer Torosian
- Hilary MacMillan
- Christopher Paunil
- Mel Ashcroft, The Collections Co-Founder